How to send images to a mobile device using NFC One-touch sharing
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can connect your camera to a NFC™ enabled mobile device (smartphone or table) and transfer images or MP4 movies displayed on the Handycam camcorder screen directly with just one-touch by following the steps below:
Before you start
- On the mobile device
- The NFC function must be enabled and the airplane mode must be off.
- Disable the lock-screen mode and the sleep feature.
- Download the latest version of Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor).
- On the camcorder
- The (NFC mark) must be displayed on the LCD screen of the camcorder.
- If you want to import images from a memory card
- Insert the memory card into the camcorder
- Select memory card in Media Select (models with internal memory)
Transfer an image or movie to the camcorder
- If not already set on your mobile device, select Settings → More... to enable the NFC function. Refer to your mobile device manual if needed.
- Place the camcorder into the playback mode and display the image or movie you want to transfer.
- Touch the (N-mark) of the camcorder to the(N-mark) of your mobile device.
- Continue to touch the mobile device to the camcorder for 1-2 seconds until the Imaging Edge Mobile app launches.
Note: The position of the NFC mark on the camcorder may differ depending on the model. Refer to the supplied instruction manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The transfer will then start.
- This application is not guaranteed to work on all mobile devices.
- You cannot transfer AVCHD movies.
- Send to Smartphone is not available when MP4 movies or still images have not been saved on the camcorder.
- The transferred images will be stored in the Gallery or Album folder on an Android™ mobile device or Album folder on an iPhone® mobile digital device or iPad® mobile digital device.
- For the latest supported operating systems, refer to the Imaging Edge Mobile download page.