If the Bluetooth® wizard stops responding when trying to connect a Bluetooth mouse to the computer, the Error: Registration failed. Try again? appears or the connection fails for some other reason, follow the procedure below to resolve the issue.
IMPORTANT: Not all computers have a Bluetooth adapter. To determine if your computer has a Bluetooth adapter, check the specifications or supplied operations guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Check if the mouse has a Connect button. If so, push the Connect button and wait to see if the mouse is detected.
- Remove and re-install the batteries to a reset the mouse.
NOTE: If the first two steps do not rectify the issue, proceed with the next steps for installing or updating Bluetooth drivers.
- Download and install the latest version of the Bluetooth Utility software. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Bluetooth, then click Bluetooth Settings.
- In the Bluetooth Settings window, click the New Connection button.
- Ensure the Bluetooth device to be detected is turned on.
- In the Add New Connection Wizard window, click the Next button.
NOTE: The computer will begin looking for Bluetooth devices.
- Under Select a device, click to select the device to be added.
- Click the Next button.
IMPORTANT: The registration process may fail or the installation may stop responding. The Bluetooth Settings window must remain open while the remainder of the instructions below are followed.
- On the taskbar, click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, click Performance and Maintenance.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, click System.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, click the PLUS (+) sign to expand Human Interface Devices.
- Under Human Interface Devices, click Toshiba_Bluetooth_HID_00.
NOTE: Toshiba_Bluetooth_HID_00 will not be listed if the Bluetooth Settings window was closed. If the window was closed, the entire process must be restarted from the beginning.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Update Driver.
- In the Hardware Update Wizard window, if the question Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software? is displayed, click to select the No, not this time option.
- Click the Next button.
- Under What do you want the wizard to do?, click the Next button.
- Under Hardware Installation, click the Continue Anyway button.
- Under Completing the Hardware Update Wizard, click the Finish button.
- Close the Device Properties window, the Device Manager window, and the System Properties window.
NOTE: The Add New Connection Wizard window will disappear and the Bluetooth Settings box will appear with the device icon that was installed.