The steps in this solution will add the ability to purchase content to be viewed from the Amazon® Instant Video channel on an Internet video device.
NOTE: If you have an Amazon Prime™ account, you would also have access to view Prime movies and TV shows through the Internet video device.
IMPORTANT: Not all Blu-ray Disc™ players, home theater systems and TVs have Internet capabilities. To see if your Sony® product has the functions described in this solution, check the specifications or the supplied manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
For customers in the United States
- Using a computer, register the Internet video device on the Essentials website.
- Register the device. If this is not your first time logging in to the Essentials website, click Manage Products and follow the steps to register the product.
- After registering, click on the Link to Premium Services tab on the Essentials website.
- Click the Link to Service button next to the Amazon Instant Video icon.
- After clicking Link to Premium Service, an essentials note will appear. Read the note and click on OK.
- The Amazon website will be opened on a new window. Click on the Begin registration tab.
- Sign-in with an active e-mail address and password or click No, I am a new customer.
- Enter the 5-character Registration Code from your Internet Video device.
Follow the sub-steps below to obtain the Registration Code:
- Using the supplied remote, press the Home or Menu button.
- Select the Video icon.
- Select the Amazon Instant Video icon.
NOTE: Some models may require that you click the Options button on the remote and the select Account.
- Select Continue.
- A confirmation message appears on the TV screen if registration is successful.
- Select Continue to enjoy Amazon Instant Video.
For customers in Latin America
How do I access the Amazon app?
- Using the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.
- Select Video, Application, My Apps or Apps.
NOTE: The title of this menu selection will vary based on your model.
- Select Amazon.
NOTE: If you are using the Amazon app for the first time, you will see the Log In or Register screen.
- Register or sign in using an Amazon account.
NOTE: If you do not have an Amazon account, you can create one in the Amazon website.
If the Amazon website asks for a Registration Code, select the Register on the Amazon website button in the Login and Register screen to get your device's Registration code.