IMPORTANT: This solution link assumes that the Internet TV device is connected directly to the TV and the issue does not happen when streaming Internet content.
NOTE: A black or green screen also may appear with this symptom.
There are a few reasons why no picture may appear or there is an intermittent picture when the cable box is connected:
- The cable or satellite set-top box is not set up to send a signal using the HDMI® connection.
- The set-top box is sending out a video signal in a format that is not compatible with the Internet TV device.
- The HDMI cable may be faulty or there is a loose connection.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
- Make sure that the HDMI cable connecting the set-top box and Internet TV device is securely attached.
- Make sure that the set-top box is configured to output through the HDMI connection and that the video format being output is compatible with the Internet TV device.
- It may be necessary to fix the format on your set-top box menu to 1080i resolution by accessing the MENU or SETTINGS of your set-top box. The Output Resolution Format can typically be found under Settings, Options, Preferences, TV Options, Display or another similarly named location in these menus.
- Avoid using Variable, Auto Select, 4:3 Override or Native modes on set-top boxes because the output resolution format may change resulting in momentary flashes or distortions.
NOTE: Given the large variety of cable and satellite boxes currently available, the specific procedure to access these settings vary. If you are unable to locate these settings in your particular cable or satellite box, please contact your service provider or the manufacturer of your set-top box.
- Try using a different HDMI cable.
- Perform a power reset on the equipment by doing the following:
- Turn off the set-top box and the Internet TV device.
- Unplug the power cords of the set-top box and the Internet TV device.
- Allow both set-top box and the Internet TV device to remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cords of the set-top box and the Internet TV device back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the set-top box and the Internet TV device.
- Replace the connected device or use a different signal source that is capable of using HDMI connection.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.