Check the following:
- Make sure the camera is turned on. If the camera does not turn on, further troubleshooting is required.
- If applicable, make sure the lens cover has been removed before taking pictures.
- Make sure no Audio/Video (A/V) cables are connected for viewing pictures on a TV as the LCD screen will not display anything when an A/V cable is connected.
- If your camera has a FINDER/LCD button, press the button to see if the LCD screen is working.
- If the camera has a DISPLAY button, press the button several times to see if the LCD screen is working.
- Depending on the camera model, the DISPLAY button may be labeled as DISP or .
- Depending on the camera model, the DISPLAY button can be a stand-alone button or incorporated as one of the arrow buttons on a control wheel.
- Depending on the camera model, make sure that nothing blocks the eyepiece sensor including any part of the eyecup.
- To know more about the DISPLAY button of the camera, check the specifications or supplied operations guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the LCD screen is still blank or appears dark or black after performing the steps above, perform a factory reset.
- If performing a factory reset still doesn't resolve the issue, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.