A moisture condensation error (C:21:00) is displayed on the viewfinder or LCD screen
The Self-diagnosis display (error code) C:21:00 appears.
If moisture condensation has occurred, turn off the camcorder for at least one hour.The camcorder can be used again if the warning indicator does not appear when the power is turned on again.
Follow the steps below if moisture condensation occurred on a tape recording camcorder.
- Remove the cassette tape.
- Turn off the Handycam® camcorder and leave the memory card slot open.
Note: A moisture condensation in the cassette tape may cause damage to the cassette tape and tape head, or a malfunction to the Handycam camcorder.
If a moisture condensation has occurred on a DVD recording camcorder, turn off the camcorder and leave the DVD inside the disc compartment.
- Moisture condensation normally occurs if the camcorder is brought directly from a cold place to a warm place. It can condense inside the camcorder, on the recording media, or the lens in the following situations:
- When brought in from cold winter conditions to a place where there is heating.
- In the summer, when taken from an air-conditioned room or car out to the hot outdoors.
- After squall or rain shower.
- In hot and humid places, such as a hot spring or where there is steam.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.