IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This information is provided to help you connect your internet video device (excludes Android TV™) to a wired network. A wired LAN (Local Area Network) connection allows access to your home network and the internet.
Before you start
- Not all Blu-ray Disc™ players or TVs have internet capabilities. To verify, check your product specifications or supplied documents.
Manuals are posted on your model support page. .
- Requires a network cable to connect your device to your router/modem. Also known as Ethernet or LAN cables.
- Requires a router/modem with an active internet connection. Your router/modem may be two separate devices or combined in one.
Network connection and setup
- Make sure your router/modem is on and connected to the internet.
- Connect your network cable to an available port on the router/modem and to the LAN port on the back of your device.
- Follow the network setup menu of your device for a wired connection
Note: The steps may vary slightly by model. Refer to the manuals supplied with your device for model-specific instructions.
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME or Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Setup.
- Follow the on-screen steps to set up a wired connection.