IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
To use the screen mirroring function, follow the steps below.
- Before proceeding with the steps below, check that your Blu-ray Disc® player and mobile device support the screen mirroring function.
- Check that the Blu-ray Disc player and the TV are connected by a cable before performing the screen mirroring function.
- Apple® products do not support screen mirroring.
- Screen Mirroring playback on the Windows® 10 operating system may not be displayed due to compatibility limitations with the Windows® video driver.
- From My Apps, select the Screen mirroring icon.
NOTE: If there is no Screen mirroring icon in the My Apps area, select from All Apps.
- Turn on the screen mirroring function of your mobile device. A screen similar to the image below will be displayed.
- Select the device that matches the name displayed on the TV screen. The screen from your device should now be displayed on the TV screen.
NOTE: You only have to make this selection the first time you are making a connection. Future connections should happen automatically when screen mirroring is turned on for both the mobile device and the Blu-ray Disc player.
In case the screen mirroring function fails, try any of the applicable solutions.
When the mobile device malfunctions
Restart your mobile device.
- On your mobile device, press and hold the power button for several seconds.
- Tap Power off.
- Press and hold the power button again for several seconds for it to power on.
When the Blu-ray Disc player malfunctions
Restart the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Power off the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Reinsert the power cord into the outlet
- Power on the Blu-ray Disc player.
When the sound and picture quality deteriorates while screen mirroring
Change the Screen mirroring RF Setting, or wireless frequency or channel setting on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- On the Blu-ray Disc player, select Network Settings.
- Select Screen mirroring RF Setting.
- Change the setting to any item (CH 1 or CH 6 or CH 11) other than Auto.
- Retry screen mirroring.
- If screen mirroring does not work, return to Step 3 and change to a different CH.
NOTE: When using a large number of wireless devices, changing the wireless frequency or channel may not resolve the confusion. This may cause an inability to connect or adversely affecting the picture quality when connections are possible.