Can I use Bluetooth headphones, speakers, and soundbars with Android TV™?
You can pair some wireless headphones, speakers, or soundbars to your Android TV™ through a Bluetooth® connection, however, the devices must be compatible. There are a few ways to check this.
Check the device specifications
Check the specifications of your device on the model support page to confirm if your TV and Bluetooth headphones, speakers, or soundbar support A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Bluetooth profile.
Check the TV settings
Confirm whether A/V sync is available in the TV settings menu. If it is, your model supports Bluetooth headphones.
- If your remote control has a Quick Settings button.
- Press the Quick Settings button → select Settings → Display & Sound → Audio output → check if A/V sync is available.
- If your remote control doesn't have a Quick Settings button.
- Press the HOME button → select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Audio output → check if A/V sync is available.
- Select Sound → check if A/V sync is in the item.
Check the compatible model list
The models listed below are compatible with Bluetooth connections. Make sure that your model is listed.
- Other Bluetooth headphones and soundbars that support A2DP may work with your TV. However, we don't guarantee its operation.
- You can only pair one Bluetooth headphone or soundbar and one other Bluetooth device to the TV at the same time, but not two Bluetooth headphones or soundbars at the same time.
- There may be delays when a 2020 model (H-series TV) is connected to an HT-Z9F soundbar.
- There may be delays when an XBR-X850G series TV is connected to an HT-X9000F soundbar.
- The target headphones may be difficult to find when registering a Bluetooth device depending on the combination of TV and headphones.
- If the headphones aren't displayed on the TV screen after waiting for about ten seconds, press the BACK button on the TV remote control and try searching for the device again.
If your models are compatible and there are sound issues, use the Troubleshoot Bluetooth device connection issues with Android TVs released in 2017 or after article.