Before following the troubleshooting steps provided below, check to see which type of remote control you have. These are the most common types:
- Wireless Remote Control (most commonly used) supplied with Android TV™ models released in 2020 and the XBR A9G / X850G / X950G / and Z9G series released in 2019 *1, *2
- Touchpad Remote Control for some models released in 2015 *1
- One-touch Remote Control for some models released in 2013 *3
*1: If only the Microphone button doesn't work on the TV remote control, check the Voice commands don't work on my remote control article.
*2: If only the power button / channel button doesn't work on the TV remote control, check the Infrared Remote Control isn't operating properly or not responding at all article.
*3: If only the power button doesn't work on the TV remote control, check the Infrared Remote Control isn't operating properly or not responding at all article.
Check the remote control operation after each step.
- Make sure your wireless remote is registered to your TV. If the remote is already registered, try to re-register it to the TV and see if the issue resolves. Follow the instructions according to your remote control type:
- Don't place the TV or the remote control near devices that emit radio frequency, such as a wireless router, radio cordless handset, mobile device, microwave, and cordless phone.
- If an old splitter is attached near the back of the TV, remove the splitter and try a new one. There is a possibility that the radio waves that leaks from the old model splitter can interfere with the signal from the wireless remote.
- Update the TV software to the latest version.
- You can use the buttons on the TV or another Sony remote to perform the update.
- The download and update process takes some time to complete.
If you followed the steps above and the issue still occurs, the remote control may need to be replaced. Go to Product Repair.