Direct Copy Compatibility Requirements for USB Media
- Direct Copy is compatible with USB media that meets the following requirements*1
- USB media that meets the USB2.0 requirement.
- External HDD or USB memory must be under 2TB.
- It is recommended the external HDD uses an AC power connection.
- USB media must be formatted in the FAT32 file system. If the USB media is not in FAT32 file system, reformatting is required and all data will be erased.
- When using Direct Copy, the Sony® Handycam® camcorder should be connected to AC power.
- USB connecting cable VMC-UAM1 is required (sold separately) .
- Connection via USB-hub is not supported.
- We recommend the use of Sony External Hard Drives. Alternately, there are other vendors on the market who have independently verified the Direct Copy feature is compatible with their hard drives.
- For details on those products, please refer to that vendor's website.
- Sony does not guarantee the information posted on the website of a vendor.