System Software Update Available - Resolves issues related to white sparkles (dots) on the screen, momentary freeze, HDMI-CEC input, 1080i 60hz film-based content, intermittent audio, and slideshow Butterfly
- KDL-32VL140, KDL-32XBR6
- KDL-40V4100, KDL-40V4150, KDL-40W4100, KDL-40WL140, KDL-40XBR6, KDL-40Z4100/B, KDL-40Z4100/S
- KDL-46V4100, KDL-46W4100, KDL-46W4150, KDL-46WL140, KDL-46XBR6, KDL-46Z4100/B,
- KDL-52V4100, KDL-52W4100, KDL-52WL140, KDL-52XBR6
Update Your TV
Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version 2.06r) addresses issues experienced by some customers, including the following:
- When tuned to some digital channels you may experience a brief (about one second) interruption of the picture and sound when the scene changes, between programs and commercials, or between commercials. This may occur during either programs or commercials.
- White dots or sparkles intermittently appear on the TV screen when displaying the menu or playing a DVD.
- The television freezes momentarily, then powers off and then on. This can occur when the TV is tuned to a digital channel, or when auto-programming.
Note: This issue only occurs with some broadcast channels due to incorrect formatting of service data on the channel.
- Problems selecting an HDMI input on a CEC device using the XMB™ Menu.
- Problems resolving the finest detail issue of some 1080i 60hz film-based content (mentioned in a recent PC Magazine article).
- Intermittent audio on HDMI Input 4.
- Photo Mode issue that may occur when performing slideshow Butterfly - The same picture sometimes continually displays, and the slideshow no longer transitions through the other pictures.
- XMB sometimes does not display.
This update program is only intended for TVs that meet certain model and serial number requirements.
Decide How You Want to Get the Update
There are two ways to obtain the software update:
- Download the Update:
If you decide to download the update, you must have a USB storage device, such as a Sony Micro Vault® or something similar, in order to transfer the update from your computer to your TV. Sony is aware that not all USB storage devices are compatible with our TVs. View the list of compatible USB storage devices.
- Contact Sony Support:
Contact our customer support staff to see if your TV qualifies for the update and for further support.