The Simple Home screen is an alternative, simplified home screen that displays your most used apps. The Simple Home screen includes a speed dial feature and uses large fonts and icons for pre-installed applications such as Contacts, Messaging and Calendar. Like with the standard Home screen, you can change, personalise and rearrange your apps.
Note! Some Xperia™ models have Simple Home only when running on Android™ version 5.0.
To enable the Simple Home screen
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Home > Simple Home.
- Tap OK.
To switch to the standard Home screen
- From your Simple Home screen, tap Settings > Exit Simple Home > OK.
- If Select a home app appears, tap Xperia™ Home > Always.
To personalise the Simple Home layout
- From your Simple Home screen, tap Settings > Customise Home, or Settings > Display > Customise Home.
- Select an option.
To set up the speed dial function on the Simple Home screen
- Tap an available speed dial icon, then tap OK.
- Find and tap a contact.
To delete a speed dial contact
- Tap the speed dial icon for the contact.
- Tap Menu > Delete entry.
- Tap OK.