Transfer video to a computer with an Audio Video (A/V) cable
Before You Start
- The computer must have standard Audio Video (A/V) input jacks and compatible video capture software.
- If the computer doesn't have A/V jacks, you can use a commercially available video capture device or cable.
Note: We can't guarantee the operation of third-party video capture devices. Check the supplied manual for model-specific information.
Transfer the Video to the Computer
- Connect the A/V cable to the A/V jack of the camcorder.
Note: The correct A/V cable depends on the type of jack on the camcorder:
Use a standard A/V cable for standard A/V jacks.
Use a mini A/V cable for mini A/V jacks.
- Connect the other end of the A/V cable to the A/V jack of the computer or the video capture device.
- Turn on the camcorder to the VCR, VTR or PLAYBACK mode.
- The playback mode of your camera may vary.
- Check the manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Set the camcorder to the beginning of the footage that you want to transfer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Start the video capture software.
- On the camcorder, press PLAY.
- On the computer, import the footage using the video capture software.
Note: Because there are many different video capture applications on the market, Sony is unable to provide specific instructions or support for software we do not manufacture. However, many video capture applications have detailed help files, including specific instructions about capturing and importing video from a camcorder to a computer. If you need more information, consult the software manufacturer for more detailed support.