IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Your camera may record various internal operating sounds because of handling, its design, the location of the internal microphone, and the lens you use. These sounds may become more apparent if you are recording in a quiet environment. To minimize the recording of camera sounds, follow these recommendations:
- If your lens has a zoom lever button, lightly operate the buttons and don't flick or suddenly release it.
- If your lens has variable power zoom, set the speed to low.
- Avoid touching the area around your camera's internal microphone.
- You can connect an external mic if your camera has an external mic input jack.
- If your camera is equipped with a Multi-interface shoe, an external XLR microphone can be used by attaching an optional XLR-K1M XLR adapter. Check out our latest electronics products and accessories.
- If your camera has Audio Recording or Audio Rec Level, set it to Off or the minimum level.
- If your camera has a Movie Audio Rec option, setting it to Off prevents sound from being recorded in the movie.