The rechargeable battery does not charge properly using the supplied battery charger.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot battery-charging issues.
IMPORTANT: Sony does not support third-party batteries. If using a third-party battery, refer to the battery manufacturer for further assistance.
NOTE: This information is a basic troubleshooting guide. Refer to the supplied operating instructions or user guide for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The charging indicator may flash if the battery has not been charged for a long time or right after the purchase. In this case, try removing the battery and charging it again.
- If the charging indicator does not light up or blink while charging, confirm the battery contacts are free of any foreign material that may prevent charging. Wipe the dust away on the terminal with a dry cloth; then charge the battery again.
NOTE: Try to avoid touching the terminals with your hands or metals.
- Verify that the battery is inserted correctly in the camera.
- Verify that the charger or cradle cord is properly connected and plugged into a known working AC power outlet.
- Verify the charging indicator is illuminated on the charger or camera.
- Turn the camera off. The battery may not charge when the camera is turned on.
- If the issue still exists, install a different, compatible Sony rechargeable battery.
- If the replacement battery charges, the first battery may need to be replaced.
- It is recommended to charge the battery under the environment of 10 degrees C to 30 degrees C (50 degrees F to 86 degrees F) until the charging indicator goes off. Under other environments, the battery may not charge efficiently.
- If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.
- Include the battery, charger or power adapter, and USB cable for evaluation if sending the camera in for service.