IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Check the Battery
- Make sure to insert the battery in the right direction.
- If CHARGE/Charge lamp flashes or doesn't light up, the terminal may be dirty or there's an issue with the battery. Wipe off the dirty terminal with a dry cloth, then charge the battery again.
- Don't touch the battery terminal with your hands or any metal objects.
- Below is an example of dirty terminal for N, D, T, R, K, X, G series battery.
A. There are fingerprints on the terminal.
B. There are objects that stick to the terminal.
C. Example of a clean terminal.
- For H,V,W, M series battery, wipe off any foreign objects or dirt between the charging pins.
- Use a compatible battery, AC adapter, USB cable, and battery charger. Third party accessories aren't guaranteed to work properly.
Note: To check the compatible batteries for your device, visit Accessories Compatibility Information and follow the steps below:
- Select the category of your device under Product Category.
- Select the model number under Product Name.
- Click on Power and select Battery/Power to display the compatible batteries for your device.
- If you don't use the camera for a long period of time, the CHARGE/Charge lamp may flash. To fix this, remove and reinsert the battery, then charge again.
- The battery may not charge if the temperature is high just after a long shoot, or the ambient temperature is out of the range from 50°F to 86°F (10°C to 30°C).
Note: For further details, check the device's manual.