The Noise Canceling Function Doesn't Work Properly
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Check the following to troubleshoot this issue:
- Make sure the Noise Canceling function is enabled. Slide the NOISE CANCELING switch in the direction of the arrow.
- This function is available only when using the supplied headphones.
- If the supplied headphones are not used properly, the effect of this function may be degraded. If the ear pads easily slip off your ears, replace them with larger ones that fit more securely.
- This function mainly reduces the ambient noise in the low frequency bands and has no effect against the ambient noise in the high frequency bands. It has no effect on some sounds.
- Don't cover the microphone part of the headphones with your hands or other objects.
- You may hear a slight noise when this function is on. This is the operational noise of the function and not a malfunction.
- You may feel that this function doesn't work, or noise is louder in a quiet environment or depending on the noise. In this case, turn off Noise Canceling.
- Mobile phones may affect noise. Keep the player away from the mobile phone.
- Make sure to remove the headphones from your ears before you connect or disconnect the headphones from the headphone jack of the player. If the headphones are connected or disconnected from the player during playback, or while the Noise Canceling function is enabled, noise may be generated. This is not a malfunction.
- A switching sound may be heard when this function is turned on or off. The switch of the Noise Canceling circuit produces this sound and isn't a malfunction.