This information is for the following models:
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Improves network access and stability
- Firmware update 17150040 for SRS-XB402M
Before You Start
Check the firmware version
If the version is displayed as "15968038" or lower, we strongly recommend updating the firmware. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have.
- Connect the unit to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone using the "Music Center" application.
- Start up the "Music Center" application on your smartphone.
- Select the SRS-XB402M, click the device icon.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Click the System menu.
- The system firmware version will appear in the SRS-XB402M Version menu.
Download & Install
The software update of this product will be automatically updated to the latest software version while connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. The software update will be delivered from time to time when a new feature becomes available or the update is required for stable use.
- You cannot disable the automatic software update.
- Previous versions of the software cannot be retrieved.
- Software updates are available when the speaker is in the following states.
- The speaker is connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network.
- The speaker is connected to the AC outlet via the supplied AC adapter and the remaining power of the built-in battery is 20% or more.
- During the update, the Status Indicators will blink and light up.
- Do not power off the product while updating. The product may not be operational while updating.
- A Wi-Fi connection is required to use this product.
- By using this product, agreement to Sony's EULA is necessary.
- Software for this product is automatically updated from time to time and you cannot choose or refuse to download this automatically updated software.