This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes an issue where the Digital Music Player is disabled after making a Bluetooth connection to a device with iOS 13
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- This utility installs version 1.01 of the Walkman firmware to address an issue where playback is not available and a No Data or Data Error message is heard
This firmware update is compatible with the following versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
IMPORTANT: This firmware update is not supported on any OS other than what is specified.
NOTE: This firmware update is not supported in Windows XP compatibility mode.
- Firmware Update version 1.02 for NW-WS620 Series (Windows)
- Version 1.02
- 47.4 MB (49,769,784 byte)
Before You Start
Check the firmware version
This update is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to version 1.02 by the automatic firmware update function. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Attach the USB cable (supplied) from your computer to the USB cradle (supplied), and then attach your Walkman to the USB cradle.
- On your computer, check the "information.txt" file in the root folder.
IMPORTANT: To make sure the latest version information is shown in the "information.txt", remove your Walkman from the cradle and reattach it again.
- The "information.txt" file contains the following information:
- 01: Model series name
- 02: System software version
- Confirm the model number and firmware version.
Before you upgrade
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer. Data that remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
IMPORTANT: Any tracks or data not transfered may be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have around 80 MB of free space. Please check that there is sufficient free space.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When installing this file, make sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with administrative rights.
- If a User Account Control window appears, confirm the contents of the window and then click Yes.
Download & Install
NOTE: The NW-WS620 Series firmware update is only possible via computer.
Step 1: Install the update
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Download the file to your computer.
- Once the download is complete, connect your Walkman to your computer via USB.
- Close all software running on your computer.
- Double-click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: While the system software is updating:
- Do not remove the USB cable from either computer or the USB cradle
- Do not remove your Walkman from the USB cradle
- When the message indicating that the upgrade is complete displays, click [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm that the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Check the firmware version] section. If the Firmware version shown is "1.02", the upgrade was successful.