IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the Memory Stick® Voice Editor software to Version 1.2 for the ICD-MS1 IC recorder and does the following:
- Resolves the issue where a "MSVEDIT caused an invalid page fault in module MSVEDIT.EXE at 0167:00418233" Illegal Operation error message appears when version 1.0 of the Memory Stick Voice Editor software is started.
- Links the Voice Editor software with Dragon NaturallySpeaking™ Preferred or Professional Editions, version 4.0 or higher.* (Not included with the ICD-MS1).
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® 95
- Windows® 98/98SE
- Windows® Me
- 0.59 MB
Before You Start
For Windows 2000 and Windows XP operating systems: During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Close all open programs that are running to prevent possible interference with the installation of this update. The Taskbarshould be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the MSVE12UP.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the
MSVE12UP.EXEfile to begin theinstallation.
- At the "Welcome!" screen, click "Next".
- At the release notes screen, a list of the update features and additional notes will be displayed. When you are ready tocontinue, click "Next".
- At the "Select Destination Directory" screen, verify that the installation directory displayed is where theoriginal Voice Editor Version 1.0 software was installed.
NOTE: If the Voice Editor Version 1.0 software was not installed in the default installation location (C:\ProgramFiles\Sony\Memory Stick Voice Editor), click Browse and locate the correct installation folder.
- Click "Next" to continue.
- At the "Do you want to link this software..." screen, make the appropriate selection based on whether or not theDragon NaturallySpeaking™ 4.0 software is installed, and then click "Next".
- At the "Ready to Install" screen, click "Next" to begin the installation. Please wait as the updatedfiles are copied to the computer.
- At the "Installation Completed!" screen, click "Finish".
- Restart the computer.
After the computer has restarted, the installation of the Memory Stick™ Voice Editor Update Version 1.2 software is complete.
Installation Verification (Optional)
Please follow the steps below to verify that the Voice Editor update was successfully installed.
- Click "Start", point to "Programs", point to the "Memory Stick Voice Editor", and then click"Memory Stick Voice Editor". Please wait as the application launches.
NOTE: If a "Select Drive" box appears, click "Cancel" to close it.
- At the "Memory Stick Voice Editor" menubar, click "Help" and then click "About Memory Stick VoiceEditor".
- At the "About Memory Stick Voice Editor" box, verify that "Version 1.2.0" is displayed.
NOTE: If the version listed is not 1.2.0, please download and install the MSVE12UP.EXE update again.
- Click OK to close the "About Memory Stick Voice Editor" box.
- Click the X in the top-right corner to close the "Memory Stick Voice Editor" program.