IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThe Sony Player Plug-in makes it possible to play compressed IC Recorder voice files (.DVF and .MSV) with Windows Media Player version 6.4 or higher.
Note: Version 2.1.02 adds support for Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system.
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 2000
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® XP
- Windows® XP MCE
- 5.94 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Computer: IBM® PC/AT or compatible computer (Not for use with Macintosh® systems)
- Operating System: One of the following Microsoft® Windows® operating systems:
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows Vista® Home Basic (with Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (with Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista Business (with Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (with Service Pack 1)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (with Service Pack 3 or higher)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (with Service Pack 3 or higher)
- Windows XP Media Center Edition (with Service Pack 3 or higher)
- Windows XP Professional (with Service Pack 3 or higher)
- Windows XP Home Edition (with Service Pack 3 or higher)
- Windows 2000 Professional (with Service Pack 4 or higher)
Note: 64 Bit versions of Windows XP operating system are not supported.
- Windows 7: Pentium® III 1 GHz or higher
- Windows Vista: Pentium® III 800 MHz or higher
- Windows XP and Windows 2000: Pentium® II 266 MHz or higher
- Memory (RAM):
- Windows 7 (32-bit): 1 GB or more
- Windows 7 (64-bit): 2 GB of more
- Windows Vista: 512 MB or more
- Windows XP and Windows 2000: 128 MB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 7 MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- Sound Board: Sound cards compatible with any of the supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Display: High color (16-bit) or higher and 800x480 resolution or higher
- Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player version 6.4 or higher.
Note: Your computer must meet the Windows Media Player system requirements.
Use of this software with the following systems is not supported by Sony:
- Operating Systems other than those indicated above
- Personally constructed PCs or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Macintosh® computers
Download and Installation Instructions
- Close all open programs that are running to prevent possible interference with the installation of this update. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the PlayerPlugin2102Setup_EN.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the
PlayerPlugin2102Setup_EN.exefile to begin the installation.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
- Restart the computer after completing the installation.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for the Windows Media Player Update is complete.
Questions & Answers
To use the Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player, double-click the desired .DVF or .MSV file. Windows Media Player will start and begin playback. The .DVF and .MSV files can also be opened from within the Windows Media Player application.
Note: For further information see the Readme file that was installed on the computer along with the update. To access the file, click "Start", point to "Programs", point to "Sony Player Plug-in for WMP" and click "Readme".