IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsSony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This utility updates the system software to version ER4.12-E2 and provides the following benefits:
Improvement over version ER4.11-E2
- Resolves an issue that may intermittently cause the TV to freeze and stop responding to the Remote Commander® control device when the TV is connected to a digital channel.
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version ER4.12-E2:
- Addresses an issue where the picture brightness changes intensity on some scenes.
Note: After the software update, please set Advanced Contrast Enhancer to LOW or OFF to further minimize this characteristic.
- Addresses an issue with occasional intermittent operation when using favorites or HDMI-CEC functions.
- Corrects an issue where the audio may infrequently be lost while connected via an HDMI connection.
- Corrects an issue where there may be audio static when changing analog channels while connected via an RF (coax) connection.
- Corrects an issue where the audio may be muted when resuming after using the timer.
- Corrects an issue where there may be distorted blocks in the picture caused by incorrect encoding in the broadcast signal.
- Corrects an issue where picture files may not show in the USB Photo Viewer after switching to a different input and then back to the USB input.
- Improves menu navigation.
- System Software
Before You Start
How to Get the Update
There are different system software updates available for the KDL-46S5100 depending on serial number.
Please click here to check for the correct software version for your television.