IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsSony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version 1.148) provides the following benefits:
Benefits over version 1.139:
- Optimizes picture settings for certain cities in Colombia to provide the best picture possible.
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.148:
- Improves the performance of HDMI connections.
This update is only for televisions sold in Colombia.
- System Software
- 45.36 MB
Before You Start
How to Check if You Need the Update
Please follow the steps below to check your television software version to determine if it needs this software update:
- On the television remote control, press the MENU button to open the television Menu.
- On the remote control, use the arrows to select Settings, and then press the ENTER button .
- At the Settings menu, use the arrows to highlight Setup, and then press the ENTER button.
- At the Setup menu, use the arrows to highlight Product Information, and then press the ENTER button.
- The software version number will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. If your software version is 1.148 or higher, your television does not need this update.
- WARNING: This update is permanent. After performing this update it is not possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update cannot be reversed.
- All settings will be returned to the default settings during the firmware update. It will be necessary to reconfigure any personal settings after performing the update.
- To download the update, a USB storage device, such as a Sony® Micro Vault® device, or something similar, is required to perform the update. Sony is aware that not all USB storage devices are compatible with our televisions. If you are using a USB device for playback of photos, music, or videos on your television, the same USB device type should work for the update. If the software update is not successful after following the instructions, you may need to format your device to the FAT32 file system, or use a different device. View formatting instructions.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Transfer the Update File to Your USB Storage Device
- Download the sony_tvupdate_2010_1148_la_atv.pkg file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and verify that the size of the sony_tvupdate_2010_1148_la_atv.pkg file is 47,565,862 bytes.
- Right-click the sony_tvupdate_2010_1148_la_atv.pkg file, and click Properties.
- On the sony_tvupdate_2010_1148_la_atv.pkg Properties screen, verify that the Size: listed is 45.3 MB (47,565,862 bytes).
Note: The Size on disk: listed may be different. That is normal.
- If the file size is different than the 47,565,862 bytes, please download the sony_tvupdate_2010_1148_la_atv.pkg file again.
- Format a compatible USB storage device the FAT32 file system and connect it to your computer.
Note: A USB storage device, such as a Sony® Micro Vault® device, or something similar, is required to perform the update. Sony is aware that not all USB storage devices are compatible with our televisions. If you are using a USB device for playback of photos, music, or videos on your television, the same USB device type should work for the update. If the software update is not successful after following the instructions, you may need to format your device to the FAT32 file system, or use a different device. View formatting instructions.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded, right-click on the sony_tvupdate_2010_1148_la_atv.pkg file and, from the menu, click Send To..., and then click the drive (EX: Removable Disk E:) that represents your USB device. The update file will be copied onto your USB device.
- Remove the USB device from your computer.
Updating the Software
Note: The software update takes approximately ten minutes to complete. During the update process, the screen on your television will be blank. This is normal. Please do not remove the USB storage device until the update is complete.
WARNING: DO NOT TURN OFF THE television OR UNPLUG THE POWER CORD WHILE THE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS.
- Turn the television on.
- Insert the USB storage device into the USB port on the back of the television.
Note: The USB storage device can only be inserted into the USB port slot one way.
- Turn your television off by pressing the POWER button on the television.
- Press the POWER button again. The POWER indicator will be green for 30 seconds, followed by the PIC OFF/TIMER indicator slowly flashing amber, and the STANDBY indicator is red.
WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE THE USB DEVICE OR TURN OFF THE television UNTIL THE UPDATE IS COMPLETE.
- After several minutes, the television will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update.
- Remove the USB device from the television.
- Delete the update files from the USB device, or reformat the USB device.
- The update process is now complete.