IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the NEX-5 Camera Firmware to version 05 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 04:
- Provides compatibility with the LA-EA2 mount adapter for use with an A-mount lens
- More details about benefits provided by firmware version 05.
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 05:
- Adds the function to use "Picture Effect" modes
- Adds the function to use "Peaking Level" and to select the "Peaking Color" in manual focus mode
- Adds "Soft key Settings" to the "Setup" menu to allow customization of the soft keys
- Adds the "Menu start" function
- Adds two more settings to the "MF Assist" function
- Improves menu item selection using the Control Wheel
- Changes the aperture setting function so the setting is maintained when using "Background Defocus Control" or "Aperture Priority" movie recording modes
- Adds support for auto focus with Supported A-mount Lenses
Note: Requires a firmware update for the LA-EA1 Mount Adapter (Mount Adapter sold separately).
- Adds a function to enlarge the image when "Release w/o Lens" is set to "Enable"
- Adds the 3D Sweep Panorama™ function (More information about supported 3D functions.)
- Improves the Sweep Panorama function
- Resolves an issue where the battery may be drained even if the camera is turned off
- Reduces start-up time under low light conditions
- Mac OS X®
- NEX-3V5_Update1112a.dmg for Latin America
- 61.45 MB