IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs an updated version of the Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth Adapter software to resolve the following issues:
- Bluetooth is enabled after resuming from standby or hybrid sleep while connected to a USB mouse although the Airplane mode is enabled
- The message "An error occurred while Windows® was saving your settings. The Bluetooth device might be unplugged. The following Settings were not saved: Discoverability settings" appears after restarting or shutting down the computer
- The Bluetooth radio function remains enabled for two seconds while the Airplane Mode is enabled after resuming from Standby or Hybrid Sleep
- The Help file has been updated to include information related to "Low Energy" and to correct the information regarding the switch option
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 190.18 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600706.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600706.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth® Adapter Update Ver.184.108.40.206" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth Adapter Update is complete.