WAIT - Read the Required Files section before downloading this file.
This utility is required only for Macintosh® OS X 10.10 and 10.11
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This firmware update provides the following benefits:
Improvements over previous versions:
- You can use a smartphone for switching to copy mode/remote control mode using the smart remote control function. Note: Before starting the smart remote control function, ensure the "PlayMemories Mobile" app is updated to the latest version (Ver. 3.00 or later). It's available from the Google Play™ online store for Android™ devices and from the iTunes® App Store for iOS devices.
- The following menu items have been changed:
- The [SEND] (Send) menu item has been removed. You can connect the camera through Wi-Fi® only in shooting mode
- The [A.OFF] (Auto Power Off) default setting is changed from [10sec] to [60sec]
- The [RMOTE] (Remote) default setting is changed from [OFF] to [ON]
Benefits provided by version 2.00 and included in version 3.00:
- Adds the "PS" recording mode (1080/60p). This feature is available for shooting smooth images in fast moving scenes using HFR (High Frame Rate) shooting
- Adds the "WATER" mode scene selection. This feature improves the WB (White Balance) setting during underwater shooting
- Adds the "BEEP" setting feature. This feature now provides a way to turn off the beep sound and offers the following configurations:
- Both Rec and Setting beep on
- Rec beep on and Setting beep off
- Both Rec and Setting beep off
- Mac OS X®
- Update_CAMAS15V300.dmg for Latin America
- 70.06 MB
Before You Start
This update is only for HDR-AS15 camcorders that currently have firmware versions 1.03, 1.04, or 2.00. If your camcorder firmware version is already version 3.00, this update is not necessary.
Check the version of your camcorder firmware:
Download & Install