IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility installs an updated version of the Intel® NFC Device software to resolve an issue where Android Beam data transfer using Near Field Communication (NFC) with supported Sony XPERIA™ smart phones does not function properly.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 12.76 MB
Before You Start
Important NotesIf the Intel Management Engine (ME) driver gets updated through Windows® Update, the Near Field Communication driver may stop functioning. To correct this return the Intel ME driver to a previous version.
Use the steps below to revert the Intel ME driver to a previous version
- Follow this path: C:\Windows\Drivers\EXE\ME Driver (Intel) directory
- Open the Setup.exe file
- A User Account Control box will appear asking if you will allow the program to make changes to the computer? Select "Yes" to continue
- A dialog box appears asking if you are sure you want to overwrite the drivers with an older version? Select "Yes" to continue
- After the older driver is installed, open Windows Device Manager
- Expand System devices
- Double-click Intel Management Engine Interface
- Select the "Drivers" tab.
- Confirm the "Driver Version" shown is 184.108.40.2063
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000600805.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000600805.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "Intel® NFC Device Update Ver. 220.127.116.11" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finish" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Intel NFC Device Update is complete.