IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the BIOS to resolve an issue where the battery charges to 100% even though the battery care function is enabled. This update also adds support in preparation for the Windows® 8.1 installation.
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- 5.23 MB
Before You Start
- WARNING!: Before the install, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all!
- During the installation of this update:
- Do not turn the computer off.
- Do not allow the computer to enter Standby or Hibernation states.
- Do not start other programs.
- Do not connect any peripherals.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- WARNING!: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all!
- Download the ISBSYS-00307117-1082.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the ISBSYS-00307117-1082.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "BIOS Update Ver. R0151S7" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "BIOS Update Warning" screen, read and follow the instructions, then click "OK".
- At the " VAIO® Firmware Update Tool" screen, verify the version to be installed is R0151S7, then click "Update".
- At the "The system will restart. Are you sure you want to update the VAIO firmware?' dialog box, click "OK".
Note: The computer will automatically shutdown when the update is complete.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 60 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.