IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the camera firmware to version 2.10 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version 2.00:
- Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 2.10:
- Enables remote movie shooting using a smartphone
- The pre-installed smart remote control application of the PlayMemories Cameras Apps™ supports only still images on the DSC-HX400V and DSC-HX60V cameras.
- For movie shooting, using the smart remote control function, ensure the "PlayMemories Mobile" app is updated to the latest version (Ver. 3.10 or later). It will be available at the beginning of November from the Google Play™ online store for Android™ devices and from the iTunes® App Store for iOS devices.
- Functional improvements
- Windows Vista®
- Windows Vista® 64-bit
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 7
- Windows® 7 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- Update_DSCHX60VV210.exe for LA
- 183.46 MB
Before You Start
This update is only for DSC-HX60 and DSC-HX60V cameras that currently have firmware version 2.00 or earlier. If your camera firmware version is already Version 2.10, this update is not necessary.
Check the version of your camera firmware:
Download & Install
Please follow the steps below to confirm that the firmware was successfully updated: