IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This software update (version PKG5.381.0167COB) provides the following benefits:
- Improves general performance of the TV
- Improves video freeze and lip sync conditions during Amazon Prime® video playback
- Corrects a condition where a short beeping sound is heard when changing channels
- System Software
- sony_tvupdate_2015_5381_cob_auth.zip (GN2SK)
- 1,493.55 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- It's normal for the TV to restart during the update processand may take longer than usual.
- User settings will not be changed by the update.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the TV from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, can cause the TV to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- After performing this update, it's not possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update can't be reversed.
Download & Install
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Network Update Method (Recommended)
The Network update is straightforward and the easiest way to update your TV. To use this method, your TV must be connected to the internet (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the USB Storage Device method instead.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device (USB) Update Method
With this method, you use a PC to download the firmware update to USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your TV. You'll need a USB storage device with 1.45 GB space available and formatted in the FAT32 file system.