IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Starting February 28, 2019, the following functions using the Gracenote® service through an internet connection will be terminated:
- Displaying disc-related information of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Disc™ media.
- The Music and Video search functions where you can download disc-related information, such as title name, track name, artist name, etc.
- After the service termination, you won't be able to download and display CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Disc information with Gracenote. You can still play your discs and display information that are already in the disc.
- The Gracenote functions will be removed on all affected devices, and on some of those, it will be removed through firmware update.
- Refer to the official announcement regarding the termination of the Gracenote service for more information.