IMPORTANT: On AMD™ or Transmeta™ processor-based computers, the function keys are hardware controlled and not controlled by a hot-key utility.
- Third-party keyboard or mouse software may affect the performance of the function or Hot keys.
- The volume button and brightness key on some computers will not work if the VAIO Event Services Manager application is not running.
- The Magnify button and the Fn keys will not function properly before the operating system has finished starting.
- The setting may not be saved if the ESC key is used to close the Fn display. Press the ENTER key or allow the Fn display to close automatically to save the setting.
- Click the Start button, then click Run.
- In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG.
- Press the ENTER key.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Services tab.
- On the Service tab, under Service, ensure that there is a check in the VAIO Event Services Manager checkbox.
- If VAIO Event Services Manager is missing, reinstall the VAIO Event Service application and the Sony Utilities DLL.
- On some models, the Sony Notebook Utilities includes the VAIO Event Service application and the Sony Utilities DLL.
- When reinstalling the VAIO Event Services Manager you may have the option to repair.
- If the VAIO Event Services Manager is checked, ensure the service is set to start automatically .
- Reinstall the Sony Shared Library and Sony Notebook Utilities.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration box, click the restart button.
- If the issue has not been resolved, reinstall VAIO Event Services Manager, even if it appears to be installed, running, and set to start automatically.