If after an update of the InterVideo® WinDVD® BD software was seemingly successfully installed, the version of the software remains the same, the update did not actually install and the issues the update is supposed fix will still occur. Follow this procedure to verify the InterVideo WinDVD BD software version.
IMPORTANT: This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, click InterVideo WinDVD, and then click InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO.
- In the InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO window, right-click on the middle of the window, and then click Setup.
- In the Setup window, click the Information tab.
- On the Information tab, the software version will be displayed.
NOTE: If the software version displayed does not match the update version, then the update did not completely install and you will need to continue with this procedure to ensure the software update is properly installed.
- Download and Save the most recent InterVideo WinDVD BD software updates to a known location on the hard drive.
NOTE: To make the file easier to locate, we recommend that you save the file to the Desktop.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode .
- Browse to the location of the InterVideo WinDVD BD software update you just downloaded, and double-click the file to install the update.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to verify that the software version has been updated.
If you have completed all of the steps above and the issue is not resolved, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the InterVideo WinDVD BD software.
- Reinstall the InterVideo WinDVD BD software from the VAIO Recovery Center .
- In order from oldest to newest, download and install all of the available InterVideo WinDVD BD software updates.
IMPORTANT: Restart the computer after installing each update.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.