This indicates that the lens isn't communicating with your camera. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Turn your camera off.
- Remove the camera lens.
- Examine the pins on the camera body that connect to the lens.
- Make sure the pins aren't bent.
- Make sure the pins are clean and unobstructed.
IMPORTANT: If the pins on your camera body are bent, repair will be required. Go to Product Repair.
- Make sure the metal contacts of the lens are clean and unobstructed.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to clean the metal contacts on the lens.
- If there are no bent pins or other obstructions, reattach the lens to your camera body.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to lock the lens to your camera body as you rotate the lens into place. The locking pin should be properly seated and the lens shouldn't rotate any further.
If you have completed all of the steps and the issue continues, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.