This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Allows 360 Reality Audio from Amazon Music to be cast using Chromecast built-in
Previous Benefits and Improvements
View previous benefits and improvements
- An Android device (V5.0 or later) or an iOS device (iOS 11.0 or later)
- An active Internet connection
- The latest version of the Sony | Music Center application must be installed
- The speaker must be connected to your Android or iOS device
- Firmware Update to version 1.51
- SRS-RA3000: 195 MB (204 837 088 bytes)
- SRS-RA5000: 241 MB (253 649 120 bytes)
Check the firmware version
If the version is displayed lower than 1.51, we strongly recommend that you update the firmware. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of the firmware you currently have:
- Turn on the speaker.
- Open the Sony | Music Center application.
- Connect your speaker to the Sony | Music Center application.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Confirm the firmware version (numbers in red box).
Download & Install
The software will be automatically updated to the latest software version while connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. If you get an update message when you connect to the Sony | Music Center application, follow the instructions to perform the update.
Note: The software updates will be delivered from time to time when a new feature becomes available or the update is required for stable use.
- You cannot disable the automatic software update.
- Previous versions of the software cannot be retrieved.
- Do not turn off or operate the product while updating.
- An agreement with Sony's End User License Agreement (EULA) is necessary in order to install the software update.
- The software for this product is automatically updated from time to time, and you cannot choose or refuse to download this automatically-updated software.
- During the update, the Power indicator (green) flashes quickly, and while downloading the update data the LINK indicator (amber) also blinks at the same time.