IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-left corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Remote control icon.
- In the Remote control screen, tap the Register device button.
- In the Select a device type and manufacturer screen, tap the Device type field and then tap to select the appropriate device category.
- Once you have selected a Device type, tap the Manufacturer field and then tap to select the appropriate device manufacturer.
NOTE: If an appropriate device category or manufacturer is not listed, tap Manual setup option.
- Once the appropriate Device type and Manufacturer have been selected, tap the Next button.
- In the Volume+Channels screen, tap the Volume+Channels field.
- In the Volume+Channels menu, tap to select the features you want to be able to send using gestures.
NOTE: The following gesture options are available:
- Volume: This option will allow you to control only the volume levels using the gestures indicated.
- Volume+Channels: This option will allow you to control the volume levels and to change the channels using the gestures indicated. This is the default option.
- Volume+Playback controls: This option will allow you to control the volume levels and to play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, or to skip to the next or previous track using the gestures indicated.
- No gesture: This option turns off all gestures.
- Once you have selected the desired gesture option, tap the Next button.
- In the The device will be added with the following settings screen, tap the Remote control test button.
- In the Remote control test screen, tap the various remote control buttons to test their operation, and then tap the Finish test button.
- In the The device will be added with the following settings screen, tap the Name field and use the on-screen keyboard to give the device a unique name.
- Renaming the device as described is an optional step, but recommended if you have multiple types of the same device that you will want to register, such as TVs.
- If desired, you can also change the icon use to represent the device by tapping the Change icon button and tapping to select the icon you want to use.
- In the The device will be added with the following settings screen, once all the settings are as you want them, tap the Finish button.
You will now see the Remote control screen with the icon of the device you have just registered.
- To register additional devices, tap the new Add device button.
- You can also change any of the following using the menu icon: