It's important to keep your Android TV™ device up to date with the latest firmware and software updates. These updates include key features, applications, bug fixes, and feature improvements.
Before you start
- Make sure your TV has an active internet connection.
- If you have network connection issues, download the update to a USB flash drive and install it to your TV.
- Make sure that your USB flash drive has enough storage capacity to save the update file.
- Make sure to copy only one update file into the root folder of the USB drive. The TV may not update if there are multiple update files in the flash drive
- You can use a USB flash drive that's formatted in FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS file system. The TV can only recognize a USB flash drive with certain storage capacity depending on the file system.
Check for updates
Follow these steps to check and receive software updates on your TV:
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Help.
- If your TV has Android™ 8.0 Oreo™ operating system (OS), select Apps, then select Help.
- Select System software update.
- Check if Automatically check for update or Automatic software download setting is set to ON.
- If this option is set to OFF, select Check for a system software update or Software update to manually check for an update.
- On MASTER Series TVs, if the Automatically check for update setting is set to ON, your TV checks whether there is any new software to be download when your TV is on, or your TV is connected to the internet.
- Under Troubleshooting and system information, select Privacy setting.
- Press the Help button.
Download and install updates
The process to update the software may vary depending on your TV type. Follow the instructions accordingly.
MASTER Series TV models
A notification message appears if there's an available software update. Select UPDATE to start the download and installation.
- The notification message will be displayed for 15 seconds, then will automatically disappear.
- If it disappears, the message won't be displayed until after 12 hours from the time the first message appeared.
- If you want to update the software immediately, manually update your TV through the settings.
- The software update takes about 15 minutes.
- You can use your TV as usual during the update. The update still proceeds even though you turn off your TV.
- Don't unplug the AC power cord from the outlet because the software update will stop.
- If you turn on your TV after the update is completed, the TV will start with the new software.
- If you turn off your TV after an update, your remote control may not work for about one minute.
Other Android TV models
A notification message appears asking if you want to proceed with the update. Select UPDATE NOW to continue.
- You can use your TV as usual during the download.
- After it finishes the download, your TV will ask if you want to install the update. Select OK to start the installation.
- The installation process usually takes about 30 minutes. An update icon will appear on your TV screen during this time.
WARNING! There's a risk of hardware damage. During the installation of the update, don't press any buttons, power off the TV, or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware update may cause the TV to become unresponsive or require repair.
- After the update is completed, you may use your TV normally again.