Powerline adapters use the electrical wiring in your home or building to connect to your network. A powerline adapter is required on each end of the connection. As shown in the example image below, your Blu-ray Disc® player, TV or network media device plugs into one wall outlet and your router plugs into the other using a standard Ethernet cable (usually supplied with the powerline adapter).
Follow these steps to connect your Internet-capable device to a network using a powerline adapter:
- Connect one of the powerline adapters to an available LAN port on the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the same powerline adapter into an A/C outlet near the router.
- Connect the second powerline adaptor to the Blu-ray Disc player, TV or network media device using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the second powerline adapter into the A/C outlet.
- Connect the A/C power to the Blu-ray Disc player, TV or network media device.
Note: It may take couple of minutes to connect to the network and setup the network using the menu screens of your device.
- After completimg the powerline adapter setup, perform a wired set up from the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media player.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENUbutton.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Setup.
- Follow the steps to set up a wired Internet connection.