Follow the steps below to troubleshoot picture freeze or skipping.
IMPORTANT: This issue can occur if the DVD player is set to PROGRESSIVE even though the TV cannot accept a progressive signal. In this case, the progressive setting on the DVD player should be turned off. However, not all DVD players have a progressive setting. Consult the instruction manual of your DVD player to verify whether or not your DVD player has a progressive setting. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Remove the disc from the DVD player.
- Examine the DVD for fingerprints, smudges, or scratches.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the disc .
- Reinsert the disc into the DVD player and begin playback.
- If the issue still occurs, check the Sony® Support Web site to see if a firmware update is available to resolve the issue. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Attempt to play different discs on the DVD player.
- If the issue only occurs with the one disc, then the disc may be faulty.
- If the issue occurs with all discs, then service may be required. Go to Product Repair.