IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
TalkBack is an accessibility service that helps vision-impaired people. The TalkBack feature can be disabled when the screen backlight goes dim. The screen maybe dimmed, but the settings is still displayed. To disable the function, follow the steps below:
- Using the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Under System Preferences, select Accessibility.
- In the Accessibility menu, select Services.
- In the Services menu, select TalkBack.
- Select State.
- Select State Off and a voice will say Off.
- Press Enter and a voice will say OK.
- Press Enter.