The Screen reader works by vocalizing information on the TV screen, such as the program guide and setting screen, which people with visual impairment might not be able to fully acquire from their sight. In order to use the screen reader function, an internet connection is necessary.
- The screen reader function only reads text that you can focus or highlight.
- The screen reader function is available only for some countries and languages.
- Whether an app is available with the Screen reader function depends on the app.
- As of June 2019, the YouTube™ streaming service is available with the Screen reader function. This specification may change without notice.
- Only models released in the United States support verbal descriptions for channel changing.
- The Accessibility shortcut function can switch to either enable or disable the Screen reader. Refer to the Accessibility shortcut article for applicable products.