- After updating the TV software to version 6.4960, a TV remote control software update notification may appear
- Even If you select Close to close the update notification, the message will appear again when you restart the TV
- In order to improve the stability of the remote control, it's recommended that you update the remote control software
Q1: A Software update for the remote control is available notification appears. Nothing happens after updating the remote control software.
A1: This update includes an improvement to the TV remote control's stability. The original TV remote control software doesn't allow for the display of a low battery message. After updating the software, you will see a message when the battery power level gets low.
- If you would like to update the remote control software, press Update now. During the update, keep the TV remote control near the TV and do not remove the batteries. The software update will take a few minutes.
- If you don't want to update the remote control software now, press Close. You can update the software later by following the steps in Q3: I closed the Software update for the remote control is available notification. Now how do I update the remote control software?
Q2: The TV remote control software update fails.
A2: Press Try again, and during the update, be sure to keep the TV remote control near the TV and do not remove the batteries.
- If the update still fails, replace the TV remote control batteries with new ones and try the update again.
- If the update fails even after changing the batteries, press and hold the POWER button of the remote control for about 5 seconds to restart the TV, then try the update again.
Q3: I closed the Software update for the remote control is available notification. Now how do I update the remote control software?
A3: Follow this procedure to update the TV remote control software:
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remotes & Accessories → Remote control → Software update → Update.