Android™ 8.0 Oreo™ update is now available for applicable Android TV™ models.
The automatic update for Android 8.0 Oreo resumed at the end of April on a staggered schedule so it may take some time before it is sent to your TV.
For 2018 / 2017 / 2016 year models only: In addition to all the benefits of the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system, this version of the update also resolves a sound issue caused by the previous version (v6.5830).
Please see below for additional information and frequently asked questions about this update.
- 2019 models
- XBR A8G
- XBR X807G / X805G / X800G
- 2018 models
- KD X780F / X757F / X755F / X751F / X750F
- XBR A8F
- XBR X907F / X905F / X900F
- XBR X858F / X857F / X856F / X855F / X851F / X850F / X835F / X830F
- 2017 models
- XBR A1E
- XBR X947E / X945E / X940E / X930E / X907E / X905E / X900E
- XBR X857E / X855E / X850E / X807E / X806E / X805E / X800E
- 2016 models
- XBR X800D / X757D / X755D / X750D / X707D / X705D / X700D
- XBR Z9D
Frequently asked questions and additional information
- How do I check the model name of my TV?
- How to perform a software update on an Android TV?
- What feature improvements and changes are provided with this update? (For USA, Canada and Mexico only)
- What feature improvements and changes are provided with this update? (For Latin America excluding Mexico)
- Home menu changes after this update
- An internet network connection message appears in the upper right corner of the TV screen
- Messages on the Android 8.0 Oreo OS Home screen
*Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC; Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. group.