IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Restricted profile function is not supported after updating the TV operating system to Android™ 10. To continue restricted use of apps, use the Parental controls function.
To restrict use of apps, follow the steps below:
- On the supplied remote control, press the (Quick Settings) button, and then select Parental controls.
- Select Apps.
- Select Enter PIN.
- Enter your PIN number. This PIN will be required to open a restricted app.
- Enable Restrict apps to customize app restrictions.
- Select each app that you want to restrict.
- The restricted apps will still display on the Home menu, but will require a PIN number to open the app.
- Make sure you do not forget your PIN number. If you forget your PIN number, you must perform the force factory data reset of the TV to clear the PIN.